Course: NURS 2700 Foundations of Nursing/Health Promotion
Title of Assignment: Written Scholarly Paper: Self Care and Professional Development
Suggested reading to prepare for self-assessment: APA Publication Manual & ANA Scope and Standards of Practice – Lifelong learning and professional development
To prepare for completion of the scholarly paper:
1. Investigate the organizational philosophy, mission and vision of several healthcare
2. Locate an organization that aligns with your own personal values. This may be a
facility located in your local community, across the country or around the world.
To complete the paper, include a discussion of the following (make each a paragraph and do not change the order of paragraphs or combine). Please don’t take the questions away,just write under them but in paragraph.
· Discuss and differentiate an historical and contemporary issue(s) in the nursing profession. This could be one issue that has changed over time (or) a discussion of an important historical issue in nursing as well as a more current issue.
· Examine and identify nursing values, knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to model professional nursing practice. How will your values be integrated into your chosen organization? How do your values link or tie to your organization to be a ‘successful’ nurse in this organization? Be sure to identify your chosen organization by name.
· Identify your lifelong learning approach(es) (approach to learning over your lifetime) that will support both excellence in nursing and your chosen organization’s philosophy, mission, and values. Do not include the entire mission statement of your organization, although you may refer to important parts of it.
· Explain how care for vulnerable populations is impacted or affected by attitudes, values, and expectations of the nurse, the patient, or both.
· Consider your self-care. Describe a technique for behavioral change to promote your health OR manage illness. Identify how this could impact care for others as a professional nurse.
· Describe what nursing practice excellence means to you. Develop/discuss your plan for professional development that includes short-term and a long-term goals and addresses practice excellence, life-long learning, professional engagement, and self-care.
Required components of the Written Scholarly Paper:
· Title page: A title page must be included in the submitted paper (This is in addition to the 3-4 page body not more than 4 please).
· Body of the paper: The body of the paper will be roughly 3-4 pages in length, including an introduction and conclusion. (Introductions and conclusions should broadly summarize and should be roughly 3-5 sentences at most.) Headers and indentations must align with APA 7th edition guidelines.
· References: A reference page must be included in the submitted paper. A minimum of three scholarly journals (4 for full points) must be cited and appear on the reference page. NOTE : journals older than 5 years unless speaking to something historical are not acceptable in APA Scholarly Nursing Papers. PLEASE MAKE THEM 4 SCHOLARY JOURNALS
· APA formatting: The paper must adhere to APA 7th edition guidelines – including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Format your paper appropriately with Times New Roman size 12 font and 1-inch margins.
Are you looking for answers to a similar assignment? customnursingassignments.com has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us. (Self Care and Professional Development)
· Please Note – The Written Scholarly paper with any plagiarized and/or self-plagiarized material may receive 0 out of 30 points at discretion of faculty after all factors are considered. The student will be required to rewrite these paragraphs with new, original ideas/work to meet the competencies at 78% however, the original score will remain. Papers containing plagiarism may also be reported to the college (see policy on Academic Integrity). Meeting with faculty and/or Dean of Nursing may also be required.
Scholarly Paper Fall 2022
NURS 2700 Written Scholarly Rubric
|Organization & clarity
|Ideas are expressed with clarity, succinctly. Focused, vivid language used to convey ideas. Flow of document is logical; builds toward conclusions with little extraneous information/ content; conclusions are clearly stated. Includes introduction, body and conclusion.
|Relevant ideas are presented clearly and succinctly; flow is logical. Paper is well organized and includes introduction, body and conclusion. Conclusion is clearly stated.
|Relevant ideas are presented, but thoughts could be more organized to demonstrate logical flow. Requires some effort to follow ideas across the document to determine writer’s conclusions. Includes introduction, body and conclusion.
|Logical flow is minimally evident; ideas presented in disorganized manner. Lacks clarity. No introduction or conclusions stated.
|Concepts are focused, information is correct, words flow in logical order (introduction, body, and conclusion).
|Concepts are focused, information is correct, but words do not always flow or seem in logical order. A couple of concepts may not be developed.
|Concepts are present but not focused, information is mostly correct. A bit of a struggle to read and difficult to see a flow to the concepts.
|Concepts are not present, or information is not correct. Writing is not cohesive. Information is not in student’s own words. Difficult to read.
|2 – 3
|1 – 2
|0 – 1
|Use of Evidence-based sources
|Exceeds required number of relevant, credible, and scholarly evidence-based references. Those selected vary in type and include seminal sources on the topic. References included are beyond those provided.
|Cites required number of relevant, credible, and scholarly evidence-based references representing varied types of sources. References included are beyond those provided.
|Cites minimum number of required scholarly, evidence-based references. References included are beyond those provided.
|Provides information not from credible, scholarly sources. References included are beyond those provided.
|Includes 4 or more non classroom (scholarly journals) information or textbook evidence-based resources. Most areas cited when needed.
|Includes 3 non classroom (scholarly journals) information or textbook evidence-based resources. Occasional area not cited when needed.
|Includes 1–2 non classroom (scholarly journals) information or textbook evidence-based resources. Has description and information communication strategies but has not searched far. Several areas not cited.
|Information not from a credible source, or quotes are used with few of the student’s own words to connect them. Numerous areas not cited.
|2 – 3
|1 – 2
|0 – 1
|Integrates findings from all sources into coherent statement regarding what is known about topic/issue. Addresses all aspects of the findings.
|Integrates findings from all sources into coherent statement regarding what is currently known about topic/issue. Addresses most aspects of the findings; may not address findings comprehensively.
|Offers information but does not connect findings from different sources to generate a clear statement of what is known.
|Offers opinions, no exploration of evidence base.
|Integrates concepts well.
|Integrates information but does not address all of what was assigned.
|Has minimal information. Does not connect information into a clear statement of understanding.
|Does not integrate the information. Offers opinions and not evidence.
|2 – 3
|1 – 2
|0 – 1
|Identifies implications of findings on the topic to nursing practice based on evidence; identifies personal position including pros and cons for position taken. Identifies gaps in evidence that could be addressed to strengthen existing evidence-base.
|Thoughtful identification of implications of findings on the topic to nursing practice based on evidence; identifies personal position. Includes pros and cons supported by evidence for position taken.
|Thoughtful identification of implications of findings on the topic to nursing practice based on evidence; expands discussion to identify personal position. Includes supporting evidence for position taken.
|Unable to identify implications on the topic for nursing practice. Limited discussion; Does not clearly state own position about the topic.
|13 – 15
|9 – 13
|5 – 9
|0 – 5
|Mechanics of Writing
|Integrates creative approach that enhances the presentation and is appropriate to the audience. Entire text flows smoothly with clear transitions. Entire document is well organized. Sentence structure varies appropriately. No errors in grammar and/or punctuation.
|Entire text flows smoothly with clear transitions. Entire document is well organized. Sentence structure varies appropriately. No errors in grammar and/or punctuation.
|Writes in complete sentences. Most paragraphs contain one central idea. Evidence that the paper has been proofread before submission. Occasional errors in grammar and/or punctuation.
|Writes in incomplete, run-on or fragmented sentences. Paragraphs are poorly constructed.Paper could have benefitted from more careful proofreading and editing. Multiple errors of grammar and/or punctuation.
|Less than three unique errors in spelling, grammar and/or punctuation.
|Three to five unique errors in spelling, grammar and/or punctuation.
|Six to seven unique errors in spelling, grammar and/or punctuation.
|More than seven unique errors of spelling, grammar and/or punctuation.
|2 – 3
|1 – 2
|0 – 1
|Use of APA
|Document complies with APA format and guidelines with less than three unique errors.
|Document complies with APA format and guidelines with three to five unique errors.
|Limited compliance with APA format and guidelines with six to seven unique errors.
|Document does not comply with APA format and guidelines with more than seven unique errors.
|APA format is accurate in presentation of paper, spacing, citations, and references.
|APA format is apparent. May have 1 error in spacing, citations or references.
|APA format is poor. Up to 2 – 3 errors in spacing, citations or references.
|Does not follow APA formatting guidelines. Has more than 3 errors in spacing, citations or references.
|2 – 3
|1 – 2
|0 – 1
Sample Nursing Assignment Solutions
|Ethics, Policy, And Health Care Delivery Systems
|This article provides a solved sample about Ethics, Policy, and Health Care Delivery Systems.
|7 Types and Treatments of Psoriasis: Causes and Symptoms Trigger – Case Study Example
|This article discusses about the 7 Types and Treatments of Psoriasis: Causes and Symptoms Trigger – Case Study Example.
|100+ Current Nursing literature review topics + Examples to Write About
|In this article, we will provide you with 100 good nursing literature review topics that you can use to help you write your nursing literature review.
|Health Care Policy in Nursing & Health Care Delivery Systems in the United States
|Analyze the history, structure, and process of Health Care Policy in Nursing and the Health Care Delivery Systems in the United States.
|Application Of Statistics In Health Care
|Application of healthcare statistics is seen in the different significance it holds, as highlighted by its value to service quality, health promotion, safety, and good leadership.