Patient Safety Pamphlet
The Patient Safety Pamphlet should be a 2-page trifold. Although you are submitting this online, the idea is that if you print it out, fold it, and give it to a patient for education, it would be easy to follow and understand.
Here are the assignment directions:
1. Create a pamphlet using any type of publisher software you choose to educate clients on a current patient safety issue.
SELECTED ASSIGNMENT TOPIC:
Polypharmacy and how a patient can avoid making a self-medication error
Your pamphlet must include the following items:
Â· At least five tips for preventive care for the patient.
Â· Information that should be shared with family or caregivers.
Â· Local resources in the community that might be available for this type of safety concern.
Â· At least three APA-formatted references published within the last five years.
Requirements of the assignment:
1. These are directed toward preventive care, so for example, if doing fall precautions, what information could you give to the patient to help prevent this from happening? Perhaps you list a tip of wearing non-skid socks to the patient.
2. Family/Caregiver information: What should the family know? How can they help support patients? For example, for anticoagulant safety, maybe you share with the family the serious risks and signs they should watch for.
3. Local resources: Use at least 3 local/community resources (Ventura County, California) from your own city or surrounding area that would benefit patients living in this area. What is in your community that might be available for this type of safety concern? Local resources mean what is in your neighborhood area or city or surrounding area. For example, if choosing polypharmacy, where is the local pharmacy where patients can get more information? Or for fall precaution, where can they buy non-skid socks? Please list the name of each resource, what service or equipment is available, a phone number for the resource, and the physical location (address) of each resource (not just internet links). Remember that not all people have the internet or know how to use the internet. Some examples of local resources are: Senior centers, community centers, local chapters of agencies, public health departments, home improvement stores, or city or church programs that give assistance to promote health. Where are these located in your area?? Please do not list to tell the patient to call 211 – you are to do research and find out what the local resources are.
4. Include at least 3 current (published less than 5 years ago) references, in APA 7 format.
How to Make a Brochure in Microsoft Word