Marriage and Family Counselor’s Role in Pharmacological Treatments
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that addresses critical aspects of the marriage and family counselor’s role relationship to the prescription and monitoring of pharmacological treatments for mental health issues. Address the following issues:
•Communication practices between marriage and family therapists and prescribers of pharmacological treatments for shared clients
•Sociocultural concerns and issues related to psychopharmacology for diverse populations
•Ethical concerns and issues in the provision of counseling for clients undergoing pharmacological treatments for mental health issues
•Necessary competencies for marriage and family therapists in providing services to clients undergoing pharmacological treatments for diagnosed mental health conditions
Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Imagine you are a news editor. You have been asked to respond to an online discussion thread regarding how information media has affected American culture.
Answer each of the following questions in 100 to 150 words:
- Does the information media have social responsibility? If yes, in what ways? If not, why not?
- What is the role of the information and news media in the shaping of political opinions?
- How have electronic media and their convergence transformed journalism and news consumption
- How are standards in journalism still relevant and important in today’s media, opinion, and media-saturated world
- What role does satire have in the news today? How have programs and websites such as The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and The Onion provided a separate space for commentary on the news and news providers?