NCP for Anemia
Constipation related to a decrease in dietary inputs ; changes in the digestive process ; side effects of drug therapy is characterized by a client complain defecation hard in a long time, nausea or vomiting, decreased appetite, abdominal pain reported sudden or cramps, impaired bowel sounds.
Expected ; normal elimination pattern of bowel function.
Criteria results :
Shows changes in the pattern of elimination : bowel movements with soft consistency, frequency according habits, typical color of stool.
- Observation feces color, consistency, frequency and amount.
- Auscultation of bowel sounds.
- Monitor on the intake and output (food and fluid).
- Encourage fluid intake 2500-3000 ml / day.
- Avoid gas forming foods.
- Observation perianal skin conditions with frequent, note changes in skin condition or begins to malfunction.
- Perform each defecation perianal care in case of diarrhea.
- Give pelembek feces, mild stimulant, bulk -forming laxatives or enemas as indicated. Monitor effectiveness.
- Facilitate defecation if constipation occurs.
- Collaboration nutritionist for a balanced diet with high fiber and bulk.
- collaboration ; give medication as indicated.
- Help identify the cause / factor ballast and appropriate interventions.
- Bowel sounds are generally elevated in diarrhea and decreased in constipation.
- Can identify dehydration, excessive loss or tool in identifying dietary deficiency.
- Assist in improving the consistency of the stool when constipated. Will help maintain hydration status on diarrhea.
- Lowering gastric distress and abdominal distension.
- Prevents excoriated skin and damage.
- Fibers resist digestive enzymes and absorb water in the stream along the intestinal tract and thus produce bulk, which works as a stimulus for defecation.
- Decreases the motility of the intestine when diarrhea occurs.
- Assist in the diet plan to meet individual needs.
- The need replacement depending on the type of anemia and or the presence of poor oral enter and deficiencies identified.