Leadership And The Graduate Nursing Role
Assignment 2: Leadership and the Graduate Nursing Role
The graduate nurse evidences leadership as seen in the four domains: the profession of nursing, clinical practice arena, health policy arena, and systems level. In order to complete this assignment, complete the short eighteen-question quiz (this takes approximately five minutes) about your leadership style at
About.com Psychology. (n.d.). Quiz – What’s your leadership style? Retrieved
In a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title page, references and appendices), you will address the following criteria:
- Report your findings from the quiz:
- What kind of leader were you?
- How does this fit into your beliefs about your leadership style?
- Examine the attributes of leadership that may be needed for graduate level nurses.
- Analyze your personal leadership attributes you feel you have that will help you in your graduate nursing role. Also discuss those attributes that you feel you may need to develop in your graduate nursing role.
Finish with a quotation from a library article related to leadership in an advanced nursing role. Look in some of the known leadership journals like The Journal of Nursing Scholarship or Nursing Leadership Forum or the American Journal of Nursing, Journal of Nursing Administration, Nursing Administration Quarterly, Nursing Management or Health Care Management Review (found in the South University Online Library).
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Reported quiz results and discussed how this impacted your current beliefs.|
|Examined the attributes of leadership for graduate level nurses.|
|Analyzed your personal leadership attributes, including those you would like to develop.|
|Finished with a quotation from a library article on nursing leadership in an advanced practice role in the conclusion of your paper.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.|